Service Provider Listings
- Vision Education Service Provider Listing
- Orientation and Mobility Provider Listing
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Education Service Providers
Additionally, to register and post a job opening, please visit these agencies:
- Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation & Education Professionals: https://www.acvrep.org/employers/landing
- Association for the Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired job listing site: https://aerbvi.org/job/
To address recruitment efforts across the state, DESE will make $10,000 grants available to all local education agencies (LEAs) to establish or expand local Grow Your Own (GYO) programs. Currently, 20 percent of LEAs have some type of GYO program; with this funding, DESE hopes all 554 LEAs will operate a robust local GYO effort. Recruiting just three to four high school students in all districts and schools to the education profession could result in about 2,000 new teacher candidates.
DESE will make additional grants available to all LEAs to implement strategies to improve teacher retention, with an emphasis on providing funds to those LEAs with harder to fill positions, such as LEAs serving higher numbers of students of color and students in poverty. Strategies that may impact retention include things like providing stipends for mentors of new teachers or for other non-contractual duties, supporting teachers who are pursuing National Board Certification, addressing issues identified in staff culture and climate surveys, expanding professional learning and networking opportunities for educators, or increasing teacher voice and teacher leadership opportunities.
More information about these grants as well as additional teacher workforce data can be found on DESE’s Recruitment and Retention webpage.