Vision, Mission & Beliefs
Missouri School for the Blind has the finest comprehensive educational system for students with visual impairments in Missouri, actively engaging families and the entire community to ensure student learning and success.
The mission of Missouri School for the Blind is to provide individualized instruction, resources and educational services ensuring that students with visual impairments achieve the academic, social, employment, and life skills empowering them to enjoy full productive lives.
At MSB, We Believe:
- Student success is our first and foremost responsibility.
- Every student will be treated with dignity and respect.
- Every student learns in an individual way and at an individual rate.
- Every student with a visual impairment in the state of Missouri, regardless of additional disabilities, benefits from educational services that address the visual impairment.
- Every student will be provided the opportunity to participate in educational, recreational, and employment activities with non-disabled peers.
- Student achievement is the responsibility of every staff member, student and their families.
- A personalized education must reflect the assessed needs of each student in all areas of academic and disability-specific core curricula.